- Arsenal have only played Chelsea five times in the League Cup (W2, L3). Arsenal won the first two, but Chelsea have won the last three.
- The last match between Arsenal & Chelsea in the League Cup was the final in 2007. Chelsea won 2-1, with Theo Walcott scoring his first ever goal for Arsenal to give us the lead and then Didier Drogba scoring twice. Jon Obi Mikel, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor were all sent off in injury time.
- Chelsea have lost only four of their last twenty-three meetings with Arsenal in all competitions (W13, D6, L4).
- Current form (all competitions) – W3, D1, L1
- The Gunners have won nine of their last 10 home League Cup games. Our only loss during this time was to Manchester City in 2011.
- We have, however, failed to keep a clean sheet in the last eight League Cup matches – a sequence that began with the loss to Birmingham in the 2011 final.
- Current form (all competitions) – W5….
- Chelsea won the league League Cup twice during Jose Mourinho’s first spell in charge (2005 & 2007).
- Chelsea have won their last three away games in all competitions, scoring 10 times and conceding just once.
Author/Editor at Straight Talking Gooners
A University graduate in French & Spanish with an interest in all things Arsenal (and Formula 1). Founded Straight Talking Gooners in 2010.
Latest posts by Ben Montague (see all)
- Agent – “Arsenal are very interested in Jackson Martinez” - June 12, 2014
- Arsenal chasing £30m Brazil winger - June 10, 2014
- Arsenal complete two summer signings - June 7, 2014