Arsenal face Norwich in today’s early kick-off (and the only Premier League game today because of the FA Cup Final) knowing that 3 vital points will help us edge a bit closer to automatic Champions League qualification.
It is looking very likely that Pat Rice will retire at the end of the season (i.e next week), meaning that this will be his last home game as assistant manager – a job which he has held since Arsène Wenger’s appointment in 1996. Rice also sits 7th on the Arsenal all-time appearances list, having played for the club 528 times between 1966 and 1980. Needless to say, we wish Pat all the best of luck in the future. He is a true Arsenal legend.
There are very few changes from the team that drew against Stoke last week.
- Johan Djourou is back in the squad after recovering from a foot injury. He replaces Sebastian Squillaci.
- Park Chu Young looks set to replace the injured Abou Diaby, who has been ruled out for the last two games of the season with a calf problem.
- Theo Walcott is out, but could be fit for the final game of the season against West Brom.
Predicted Starting XI
The team I have predicted is exactly the same line-up as last week against Stoke. Yossi Benayoun seems to be getting the nod ahead of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, while we are left with very little room for maneuver in midfield and the defence is clearly the strongest possible.
Arsenal 2-0 Norwich I have predicted a much-needed win and clean-sheet (as long as our defenders don’t switch off and make silly mistakes…) with goals from Robin van Persie and Benayoun. I have decided to be very specific this time. That said, absolutely anything could happen because Arsenal’s recent form (WWLDD) has been slightly patchy.
Latest posts by benmonty4 (see all)
- Arsenal Transfer News: Podolski + Campbell + Sanogo = Jackson Martinez? - June 9, 2015
- Blatter resigns – England 2018, USA 2022? - June 3, 2015
- Agent – “Arsenal are very interested in Jackson Martinez” - June 12, 2014