6) Aaron Ramsey could learn a lot from watching Arteta. Ramsey has great close control and makes some nice short passes, but his decision-making is often poor and his long passing needs a lot of work. Rambo often chooses to ping the ball across the pitch when he had easier options. Mikel always chooses the simplest option, with great effect. However, when he does make those superb cross-pitch passes they always come off! Aaron should probably have earned a penalty when he was brought down on the edge of the box, but we won anyway so no need to complain too much.
7) Santi Cazorla is one of the best signings of the summer. The fact that he is ambidextrous really works in his favour because he is equally skilled with both feet and nobody knows which side he will choose to shoot from. Having never watched him play in Spain, I am constantly amazed at how somebody so small can ride so many challenges and keep hold of the ball for that long. Then again, I really don’t know why I should be so surprised; Messi has been doing it for years. His goal was perfect and no more than he deserved for another outstanding performance.
8) Kieran Gibbs has picked up a thigh injury. Kieran was substituted for Andre Santos with about half an hour to go, and it looks like he might miss out on the England game next weekend.
“He has a thigh problem. He might be out for England. I believe Cole and Baines are ahead of him [in the pecking order] but it would have been a good opportunity for him to show he could have got in front of them.”
9) Theo Walcott scored his 4th goal of the season, which is all the more impressive bearing in mind that he barely starts and hasn’t really played. Theo, who had come on as a substitute for Gervinho, latched on to a fantastic through-ball from Giroud (- did I mention that Olivier also has great technical ability?) and two touches later the ball was in the back of the net. We need to get his contract sorted out quickly. I know that Wenger keeps saying that there is no rush, but I am afraid that I disagree. I don’t know why so many Arsenal fans have a problem with him and I do not think that we want to/can afford to lose him on a free transfer next summer.
“Theo has an outstanding attitude and I don’t rule anybody out. If I did then I would not bring him on in a crucial moment in the game. I believe in him. Gervinho looked a bit tired and Theo made the difference. He scored the second goal and that is the most important one.
“He slowly gets there. You’re confident now when he gets in front of goal that he will score. Of course he scored an important one today at a moment where the game was a bit 50-50.
10) Arsenal are not threatening from corners. I believe that we had around 16 corners, and nothing really came from any of them. Our new corner approach seems to be to try and target Per Mertesacker at the near post, but this only really worked on a few occasions. Santi Cazorla may be an absolutely outstanding player, but in my opinion Mikel Arteta is a better corner-taker. That is just my opinion, so feel free to say whether or not you agree with this (or my other points) in the comments section below.
* If you enjoyed this post then please like us on Facebook. Any shares of this article would also be much appreciated.